Since 2008 Coles has been providing School Garden Grants of up to $1,000 to schools and youth groups to help create gardens in their grounds or community, such as bush tucker gardens, water wise gardens or veggie gardens.
All primary schools, secondary schools, kindergartens, day care centres, and youth groups are eligible to apply for a Coles Junior Landcare Garden grant.
What activities does the Coles Junior Landcare Garden grant support?
• Bush Tucker gardens
• Vegetable gardens
• Native and sensory gardens
• Composting and green waste recycling activities
• Awareness raising of food miles through growing your own produce
• Waterwise and Carbon gardening activities
• Purchase of kids gardening equipment (gloves, shovels, watering cans etc) up to the value of $500.
Applications close 27 March 2014. For more information visit: www.juniorlandcare.com.au/news/archive/2015-coles-junior-landcare-garden-grants