Funding for Small Farms now available
Inverell Small Farms Improving Water Quality
CALL FOR APPLICANTS:
GWYMAC Landcare still have funding available to assist small landholders surrounding Inverell to improve water quality through farm-based projects. We are now calling for applications.
ELIGIBLE PROJECTS include (but are not limited to):
- Fencing off streams + rivers Off-stream watering points, eg troughs + poly pipe
- Improving groundcover percentages Fencing paddocks to land capability, eg soil type
- Revegetation projects
- Land should be within approximately 20km of Inverell (though outside will be considered)
- Under 500acre holding
TIPS + SUGGESTIONS:
- Talk to your neighbours! Projects that extend across more than 1 property are encouraged.
- As limited funds are available under this program, applicants are encouraged to make their applications competitive, with a budget based on market rates.
- Minimum landholder contribution to the project is 50% - this may be through cash or in-kind contributions, such as labour or equipment use.
- Successful applicants will be required to enter into a Management and Financial Agreement with Gwymac Inc.
Talk to Landcare staff, as below:
GWYMAC Landcare (Inverell) - Sarah Priest – 6721 1241 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org
“This project is supported by the Northern Tablelands Local Land Services, through funding from the Australian Government’s Bioenergy Fund, part of the Clean Energy Futures program”.
Applications Close 30th May 2014.