Gwymac Inc. (Gwydir and Macintyre Resources Management Committee) is your local Landcare office. We are a non-profit, community owned organisation, a free service to the community, run by a volunteer committee.
What do we do:
- Identify funding for landholders and community groups.
- Conduct field days, bus trips and workshops.
- Prepare funding applications.
- Implement Landcare projects across 40,000 square kilometres.
- Service the communities of Inverell, Delungra, Ashford, Yetman, Northstar, Gravesend, Warialda, Tingha, Bundarra, Bonshaw and all areas in between.
- Coordinate Landcare groups across the Macintyre and Gwydir catchments.
- Access expert advice for landholders.
- To develop a healthy ecosystem that will sustain the future needs of our community.
- To educate and assist landholders with sustainable land management and encourage the uptake of these practices.
Landcare Radio Show
6.55am each Monday on 1188AM 2NZ.
Provides a wrap up of Landcare events, funding options and Landcare group activities taking place in the catchment.