Gwymac Inc. (Gwydir and Macintyre Resources Management Committee) is your local Landcare office. We are a non-profit, community owned organisation, a free service to the community, run by a volunteer committee.
What do we do:
- Identify funding for landholders and community groups.
- Conduct field days, bus trips and workshops.
- Prepare funding applications.
- Implement Landcare projects across 40,000 square kilometres.
- Service the communities of Inverell, Delungra, Ashford, Yetman, Northstar, Gravesend, Warialda, Tingha, Bundarra, Bonshaw and all areas in between.
- Coordinate Landcare groups across the Macintyre and Gwydir catchments.
- Access expert advice for landholders.
- To develop a healthy ecosystem that will sustain the future needs of our community.
- To educate and assist landholders with sustainable land management and encourage the uptake of these practices.
Landcare Radio Show
6.55am each Tuesday on 1188AM 2NZ.
12.30pm each Friday on STA FM
Provides a wrap up of Landcare events, funding options and Landcare group activities taking place in the catchment.